You may have noticed that my ecommerce article roundup was mysteriously missing last month… To make up for this horrible tragedy, I’m delighted to present to you this special, two-month edition list of top ecommerce articles! Enjoy – and don’t you fret, the regularly scheduled list will resume next month!
- Are you using Twitter as a part of your social media strategy? Here are 10 tips that’ll help B2B companies capitalize on Twitter opportunities, courtesy of Econsultancy.
- It’s been said before and still holds true: content is king. Social Fresh gives us 9 elements of powerful and engaging content.
- Make sure you have some time on your hands for this next one! Smashing Magazine reports its in-depth findings from benchmarking the top 100 grossing ecommerce websites’ checkout processes in The State Of E-Commerce Checkout Design 2012.
- As a general rule of thumb, you tend to keep your most important information above the fold on your website (hint: “above the fold” refers to the portion of a webpage that is visible without scrolling). This interesting article from KissMetrics explains why “the fold” is a myth.
- We’re going to toot our own horn a bit here – one of our own articles listed 5 pretty darn good tips for creating a great cross-channel experience for your customers.
- Mcommerce has been a hot topic lately, and there’s no doubt that a strong mobile strategy is becoming a must for online retailers. This article from Media Post takes a look at the negative consequences of employing a mobile-first strategy.
- A really good article from Groove Commerce goes over some ecommerce website design trends to look out for in 2013.
- Have you noticed LinkedIn’s spiffy new company pages? This article from Econsultancy breaks down the new page while telling us how to best optimize it.
- SEO was a hot topic this month! This interesting post from Hubspot gives us 8 ways that SEO should influence your marketing copywriting.
- According to Multichannel Merchant’s Outlook for 2012-13, about 66% of B2B companies are marketing with social media. One of their articles offers some good social media tips for B2B merchants.
- Did you know that using Google+ boosts your SEO? Here are 10 simple tips from SEOmoz that will help you take advantage of Google+ for SEO.
- Sure, you’ve heard of inbound marketing, but have you heard of the different types of inbound marketing? This article from Slingshot SEO explains the 3 types of inbound marketing for ecommerce businesses.
- Here’s another one of our own awesome posts: learn how product information management can help improve your B2B ecommerce website.
- An early Christmas present from Econsultancy — 35 tips to increase your ecommerce conversions this holiday season!
That wraps it up! Did we miss any good ecommerce-related articles from the last two months? Feel free to give us your own nominations in the comment section below, or head over to our LinkedIn group to start a conversation.