There’s no doubt about it — mCommerce is a game changer in terms of online shopping. Mobile devices are not only changing the way consumers shop, but they’re affecting the overall customer experience of a brand. All that said and done — will mobile commerce really overtake traditional eCommerce? This infographic (courtesy of BigCommerce) sheds some light on the topic by examining and analyzing growing trends in mCommerce today.
(Click then zoom in to enlarge)
For you lazy people who didn’t feel like reading through the whole infographic (you know who you are!) here are some of the major takeaway points:
- mCommerce sales will reach $119 billion by 2015 Tweet this stat!
- 1 out of every 5 people scanned a QR code in-store last year Tweet this stat!
- Men are set to outspend women on mobile devices
- 51% of people age 18 – 34 have shopped via mCommerce Tweet this stat!
- Mobile shoppers make the majority of their purchases on the weekends
- 53% of mobile consumers use their device to “showroom”, or research products in a traditional retail store Tweet this stat!
- Digital content makes up 76% of mobile purchases Tweet this stat!
There it is, folks — if you’re not taking advantage of mCommerce yet, you really need to be. Do you have any additional information regarding mCommerce to share? Make sure to leave a comment below, or join our Linkedin Group to get in on the conversation!
Learn how product information management can give your mobile commerce a boost! Download the free white paper below.